Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why?

My heart swelled with pride when Vidat aged about 22 years an adult to the world but a mere lad to me went to his office in a chaffeur driven white car ,even more when he refused to drop me on the way saying the conveyance was for official purpose.
The same heart broke into peices when 2 years later he was conveyed in a black van.The unthinkable has happened.My son ,my child who should have succeed me has preceeded me.He,my son [ putra ] should be the one performing my last rites but here I am performing his. Some Events which were within my grasp and several beyond my control or comprehension has pushed me into a life of deep sorrow.All my love,affection and knowledge couldnt save Vidat. Is it true ? Did it happen?Won' t he push open the front door at 7 in the evening ,kick his shoes off and say Ma do you know what happened today and relate to me the day's happenings ?
The same heart is still ticking.How and why ?Was it God's intention to shake me up from my comfortable cocoon of middle -class life that chiefly consisted of untiring rounds of shopping, attending social functions to show off my latest pure silk sarees and ornaments,watching films ,enjoying languid noonsiestas, genarally a lotus eaters life ,to look around and endeavour to wipe the tears of his imperfect creations and make attempts to serve those less privelleged, who were ofcourse always there ,whose conditions had evoked pity from the periphery that was far from, my comfort zone and make a hea dlong plunge into a life of service to the deprived lot ,though stressful is sort of spirutuallyuplifting ?

8 comments:

Viper said...

I am finding it difficult to comment. On one side, I marvel at your adeptness in narrating from the heart. But, talking about your skill seems very inappropriate.

Consolatory words seems appropriate. I may seem to understand your pain, but I can never empathize with you completely for I haven't been in your position.

Vidat said...

dear vetri
I vowed to myself that I would blog whether any one read them or not .Your comments show that my blog has a taker .It is tough for me to blog about my grief ,in fact Iam in tears several times yet something is impelling me to do so .Thank you for reaching out.

Gayathri said...

Its such a touching piece..I can relate to ur feelings. Its been awful for us too..Oh yes.. I 4got to introduce myself..I am Gayathri. I was with Vidat at wipro. U must have heard abt me I guess. Hez visited me several times.Live in Vaidehi auntys apartment. Rings a bell now?

Another 4 days to go. N its gonna be 2 long yrs since vidat left us all. Vetri and i remembered him just few mins back. So i just felt like sharing this with u too. I miss him a lot too. My great friend ! Think of him very often ! Its been a big loss for me ! He and I have spent a lott of time together. Be it watching movies, be it hanging out in the streets of t.nagar.walking around our house..I happened to talk with vinith a couple of times. I enquire abt u and his dad. But sumhow never able to muster courage to talk 2 u. I know i will break down.. some day, i mite just end up mustering all that courage i hope..V r all with u aunty !!

Vidat said...

Dear Gayatri, thank you for understanding my grief .Ofcourse I remember u,.You were one of vidat's close female pal at wipro .He spoke about your friendship several times to me.
sujata

Gayathri said...

I am so glad to hear this! I would like to visit you sometime !

Gayathri said...

My parents and relatives call me Vidya( Thats my other name). So he used to call me Vid N I in turn used 2 call him Vid too:) Our pics together were mostly titled Vid n Vid:)I miss him tons !

Vidat said...

dear gayatri
'vid' was how I used to call vidat often.Let some more time elapse before we meet.
sujata

Gayathri said...

Sure thing! I am ready to wait!Lets share our thots thru ur posts/blog until then. Take care ! N bye for now !