Monday, August 23, 2010

On reading books.


Rene Descartes ---French philosopher says

"The reading of all good bocks is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries."

Charles Richardson says-----

"Books are never troublesome, but immediately answer every question I ask them .Some relate to me the events of the past ages, while others reveal to me the secrets of nature . Some teach me how to live , others how to die. Some by their vivacity drive away my cares and exhilarate my spirits, while others give fortitude to my mind and teach me the important lesson how to restrain my desires and depend wholly on myself."

Right reading of books gives culture ,to mind."Culture is the contact with the best that has been said and thought in the world "---- Mathew Arnold.


[Courtesy --Bhavan's journal]

No comments: