Saturday, September 11, 2010

Messengers.


The scalding heat of summer months have given way to milder temperatures. With intermittent drizzles every other day , the Ac's have been switched off ,as the entire city of Chennai ,is air cooled from above.

An weather to rival that of any higher reaches. But forces are at work ,non stop to prevent me from enjoying this unbelievable weather.

If I sit in the balcony with a newspaper or a mag or a book to enjoy and relax in a little open space,can I ? No! From their hiding places the eternal pests, those tiny creatures so easy to squash ,find the most unreachable places [back] to draw their daily rations and go at it in glee,making me squirm , twist and turn in impossible yogic postures , that would do my guru Dhirendra Bramhachari [late] proud!

After some hard walking ,when I drop down on those glazed tiled benches in the park ,that are so inviting, to regain my breath, a huge school of piranha's , those little beasts , hiding in the grass ,start picking my feet and ankles in a orgy of feasting,making me execute dancing steps , I have long since forgotten.

Once twilight falls no place in the house is free from these devils . With their acute night vision and carnivorous appetite and hunting skills honed to perfection , they keep me on my toes. My hands clap thunderously , hurting only myself, my aim thwarted by their easy evasion , a survival technique handed down by their ancestors from generations to generations as old as mine!

I can't read nor can I see TV nor sleep in peace . The fogging operations, a deterrent of sort, undertaken assiduously a few years back by the corporation have become virtually non existent.

Yamadhuthars need not bestir themselves to transport me to the nether worlds . These tiny man eaters , manning every nook and corner ,will do it swiftly and with great elan!

No comments: