Monday, March 16, 2009

Laughter ......contd

A woman's' laughter can wound a man terribly .When Draupadi laughed at Duryodhan when he slipped and fell when he visited her palace built by Myan [the celestial architect] he felt so humiliated that he later humiliated her in public and that laughter became one of the main causes for the Mahabharat war to take place. Then Selvi said I too laugh at people whofall down and also at myself when I fall down, so will this affect me Ma'm? I said the words I spoke was intended to console and not sit on judgement on any one's words or deeds.
We all laughed [may sound cruel but these blind youngsters especially the partially blind persons laugh at themselves] when she said she stepped on a dog whilst fetching water from a common pump in the morning.I said lucky you the dog didn't bite you! She said its our hostel dog & it knows I am blind!Each of us shared our falling down experiences and we dispersed after a while.
After two days I got a call,it was Selvi.She said M'am whilst going to exam centre I fell down from the bus &it hurt me so badly I cried and did'nt even want to attend the exams, but somehow I did and hereafter I will not laugh at any one who falls down. I did'nt know what to say.

No comments: