Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day

I got a telephone call from one Muniappan early in the morning. I was racking my brain as to who that could be when a gruff voice as though divining my thoughts said Amma, I am the person to whom you gifted text books for B.A Tamil Lit FIrst year,last June,.I wanted to talk to you several times amma but didnt as I was shy but to'day being mother's day I have shed my inhibitions to recite to you a poem .He called me' amma' several times the way Vidat would ! Then the poor blind orphan boy whom I recollect of being tall and dark and of having met only once recited to me a poem of 4 lines eugolising motherhood which he claimed to have written himself !
My eyes filled with tears and I could hardly speak but somehow managed to thank him.
A small gift made by me to a orphan boy has touched a chord in him which makes him see in me the mother he never had.

Which mother could have a better gift than this on a mother's day?

4 comments:

Viper said...

:)

Vidat said...

what did u say viper?

Viper said...

I just smiled :-)...the : represents eyes..the ")" represents the mouth.

Vidat said...

dear vetri
your comments are objective and precise .I quite look forward to your clinical dissection of my writings.