Sunday, April 10, 2011

Naan! --I am !


This is one out of Bharathiyar's 25 poems on Gyana or knowledge.


1. The birds in the sky
The animals that roam the earth ,
The trees that grow in the forests ,
wind, rain and sea-- I am !

2. The stars visible in the sky ,
The open space and its wide expanse ,
The insects in the mud ,
The life in all --I am!

3. Kambhar's poems ,
The artists portraits ,
Those magnificent buildings ,
And towering Gopurams --I am!

4. The sweetness in human music,
all thepleasures, The baseness of human beings, The unbearable pains and grief's-- I am !

5. The creator of crores of mantra's,
The doer in all that is done,
The cook of thousands of mazes and hurdles,
The bestower of shastras and Vedas,-- I am !

6. The creator of the universe ,
The cause of them working without confusion,
All the energy around , The cause of all ---I am !

7. The Ego the greatest lie ,
The fire of knowledge I am !
In all that has been created , The only intelligence , that is the primary light --I am !

No comments: