Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dont Generalize


Hmmm Yesterday I was bikin at Night as usual. At night Chennai is Beautiful tat too if u r on a bike and friend in the pillion(I would prefer a GF but should wait for a while i guess). And suddenly my bike stopped; the reason no petrol!!! We were stuck near Anna University. We needed to walk 3 km to the nearest Petrol Station.

Then Came an Auto Wala. I thought he ll be a usual Auto wala who overcharges and the 'Times of India' was around 1:45 Am. I told him I would give him only 30 bucks. He said since it is an Emergency he ll do it for freee. I thot it was just a gimmick. Then we went to the Gas Station(Getting used to US lingo he he) Parking my bike there only near AU and asking my frnd (Vignesh) to safeguard my hard earned property. The gas station ppl dint even have a bottle. I saw one of the 1 litre water bottle and said that i would buy it and use it to fill petrol. the gas station guy said Beleive me or not "This is not for sale". I thought Watttttttt neeeway.

The Autowala had a bottle with him and he requested the Gas Station meano to fill it up for 20 bucks. He obeyed him immediately. Ppl do respect Auto walas. Then we went back and filled my bike with it and he waited till it started. I offered him 100 bucks and told him u Deserve it. He said i made a deal with you and wont break it and returned 70 bucks. I pinched myself; Had i been in his position i wd have jolly well taken the money since i wd have felt i deserved it. Then I asked his name(Now i am rakin my memory cells but still his name dosnt seem to strike. I am bad at remembering common name; only uncommon names stick to me espppp bcos mine is and some prolly 1,2 3 ... of my frnz are; And Btw he lives in Madipakkam). I offered him a cigarette and told him it is a foreign brand Malboro Lights. But he said he doesnt smoke or drink. I was petrified to say the least chennai auto wala not takin extra money, no bad habbits and the way with which he dealt with ppl. Tooooo goooooooood.

So pl dont generalize!!!

5 comments:

b a l a j i said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vijayakrishnan Nagarajan said...

hope it will rain today...lol

Vidat said...

At least not in WI its a cracker of a match there today!!!

Thiru said...

Hmmmmmmmmm...........good to know this piece of fact....auto walas are generally mean.....but still there are a few who can surprise us this way....nice work dude....

One more thing now i have an incident to post....very similar to this...read it....comment it....

Vidat said...

sure thing thiru!!!