Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Warnings to well employed men on choosing a bride

It is a general rule that man marries for beauty and women for security.
If you are the sort whose tongue is long that yearns for good food at all times ,marry a pretty and plump girl.Your table will be laden with tasty food at all times but be prepared to see your wife metamorphise into a rolly polly aunt within a few years.
If you are the sort who wants to take it easy .That is to be in a low pressure job but hanker after good things in life [vacations,owning a huge villa,partying ,etc] go ahead and marry a beauty with brains[highly qualified and drawing a huge salary] Two in one . Life will be one long picnic .But be prepared to lock your male ego in a bullet proof box and dump it into the sea.
If your hankering after zero size figure , be prepared to see your wife jump out of bed at an unearthly hour of 4 in the morning to work out in the Gym and your daily meal will be an assortments of salads, and .oil,sugar and salt free dishes.Your outings will be ,clambering up rocks,trudging through forests and swimming in hidden pools.
If you marry a girl because she is so sweet and serious -always with a book in her hand,be prepared to spend your evenings and holidays not in social outings but in front of the t.v watching snakes slithering around either in discovery channel or the N.Geographic and be embroiled in never ending discussions and lectures with your wife on un heard of topics !
If you are stunned by a girl's looks [makeup ,hairdo and chic outfits]and marry her she'll stun you when you check your bank balance.Most of it would be lining the pockets of boutique,beauty saloon and jewellery shop owners.
If you think you are doubly blessed for having hooked a bride who is pretty but dumb and has a wealthy father ,poor you ,your time is not yours any more.You will be forever at your father.in.law's beck and call and will be frequenting his house more than yours!
If you are the exceptional sort of youth having high ideals of marrying the first girl you see in a arranged marriage or marry some girl out of dutiful notions be be prepared to greet everyday as luck may have it a squint eyed,buck teethed,pot bellied ugly duckling and squirm in aversion once the youthful ideals wear out '
I can only warn .The choice is yours .All the best .

6 comments:

Viper said...

Since none of the scenarios match mine, I think I will be single for a long time. Jokes aside, I am assuming you have given advice for a happier marriage, I suppose. I think that no matter what kind of marriage it is, there will be good times, bad times, hard times, nice times and so on. My point being is that even though one might try to fit in one of your mentioned scenarios, it needs two people to work out a good married life.

I can't help but smile at the difference in the titles of those two articles - 'warning to men' and 'tips for women'. But, the content is same - advice. Can we assume that this is the work of your feminist persona?

Vidat said...

Dear Vetri
You are right.It takes two to Tango.
sujata.

Unknown said...

Hi aunty,

Finally i got the guts to speak that I always wanted to see my good friend's mom.Yes I am one of Vidat's mentor(thinks he calls me like that)in office.I have read thru all the blog and its one of the nice one and please do continue it.I feel happy to see comments and ur replies start with "Vidat said...".I still have his experience letter from Wipro.I amd planning to return that to you the day when Vidat leaves my mind but I dont want that day to come neither.

Cheers,
Nirmal

Vidat said...

Dear Nirmal
Nice of you to read my blogs .I remember that you were Vidat's mentor at wipro.The last video he took in his camera is of you and himself at 'broken bridge'.
sujata.

Unknown said...

Yeah...He is one of my best rookie till date and whenever a new rookie calls me a mentor I remember only Vidat.I would like to meet you,uncle and vidat's brother as he always tells that you are his first friend and he always wanted me to meet you someday.

Vidat said...

Dear Nirmal I am tempted to meet you .But I am not sure of my reactions .Please decide by yourself.If possible send me a copy of Vidat's 'work experience'. Keep the original as long as you like. The very fact that young and busy people like you and Vetri find the time to read musings [at times morbid] of a middle aged mourning mother from madras encourages me to blog on .
sujata y