Friday, November 20, 2009

I laugh so that I may not cry----anon

These are few of my favourite one liners which I enjoyed reading and some of which made me laugh.

After a good dinner , one can forgive anybody , even one's own relations. ----Oscar Wilde

Money is something that you have got to make in case you don't die.-----------Max Asnas

The world is filled with willing people; some willing to work ,the rest willing to let them.---Robert Frost.


Historians are like deaf people who go on answering questions no one has asked them---Leo Tolstoy.

I will not allow my daughters to learn foreign languages because one tongue is sufficient for a woman.-----------John Milton.


Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.------Mae West.


Seize the moment .Think of all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart. ----Erma Bombeck.

Britain has invented a new missile .It's called the civil servant--it doesn't work and it can't be fired .--- Walter Walker.


An Iranian moderate is one who has run out of ammunition.-------Henry Kissinger.


Most politicians look like people who have become human by correspondence course.---A.A.Gill.


All political parties die at last from swallowing their own lies.------John Arbuthnot.


God created the poet ,then took a handful of the rubbish left over and made three critics. --T.J. Thomas.


Time is the only critic without ambition --John Steinbeck.


It is only a auctioneer who can equally and impartially admire all schools of art.----Oscar Wilde.


My movies are the kind they show in prisons and aeroplanes, because nobody can leave.--Burt Reynolds.


He was a self made man who owned his lack of success to nobody.--- JosephHeller.



Let's go some place where we can each be alone. --- Broun


Knowledge is power , power corrupts. So study hard and be evil. anon


The more you complain the longer God makes you live. anon


Well, this day was a total waste of makeup. anon


I know God will not give me anything I cannot handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.---

Mother Teresa.



I laid my wife Beneath this stone For her repose And for my own. ---------Chief Ottawa.
**********************************

No comments: