Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sham .

Few weeks back I read a touching article about how caged birds fall into depression ,refuse food and die by constantly pecking themselves and that the place for any bird was the wide sky and tree tops.The writer a woman based in Chennai had given her blog address ,inviting readers to view photos of tropical birds.

When I visited it ,was greeted by excellent photos of parrots,kingfishers etc found in and around Chennai.I was intrigued by a advertisement running at the corner. On clicking it ,to my shock I saw that the ads were regarding caged pet birds,the exact address where they can be purchased,not only in India but world over!

I tried to register my protests on her comments column but they didnt gain entry .They were blocked.

This unethical deception makes me wary of articles appearing in the popular daily,inviting its reader to visit their blog. That newspaper is currently spear heading a campaign against 'paid news' .Under what category would this crass commercial article they have published with or without verification come under?

3 comments:

Evil's Twin (JP) said...

About the birds getting into depression: It is very true. I feel the same is applicable to some Indians kids. Parents rule their life for a long time. Not all, but many.

About the Ad on her page: I don't want to defend her, but just to clarify, these google ads can't be controlled at all times. They are randomly generated by programs which read keywords. Example: If the text is "Say NO to caged birds", the ads would pick "Caged birds" and display relevant ads. There is a chance, the author didn't want to expose that flaw. Anyway it would have been better if she had not blocked your comments. :-)

I've been reading your blog quietly for a while now. Please continue to write. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. Take care.

Vidat said...

Dear Evil's twin
quite a name!I think most Indian kids are subjected to parental pressures.The sensitive one's are sure to get depressed.I for one believe in respecting the decision of the children after a certain age .Parents should be strong and not harsh .
I don't know much about birds but was truly taken aback by ad's that ran totally contrary to the moving article reg caged birds. Thank you for considering me wise. You are welcome to read my blogs am I entitled to know who you are?

Evil's Twin (JP) said...

Dropped you an email :)